Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sin City and Her Historical Neon

The Neon Bone Yard, Las Vegas, Nevada - Images by Holly Martin

Earlier this week I had the chance to photograph the historical collection of signs at the Neon Boneyard. It is a spectacular collection of vintage neon signs of the city of Las Vegas.
I had photographed the Boneyard a few years ago and found the experience fascinating. My tour guide Erin was a wealth of eclectic knowledge. Her stories of the early signage and Vegas history was both amusing and interesting.
This time I visited the Neon Boneyard's newly renovated location, in Las Vegas. Basically, it was now across the street from it's original location. A work in progress it still had the same fascinating charm of the old signs and the La Concha Hotel.
My images are comprised of the intriguing old signs of Las Vegas. From  Binions Horse Shoe to the elusive Moulin Rouge hotel, the signs still rein in all their glory at the  their small spot of land just north of Fremont Street.
I encourage all of you to visit  and support this little piece of American history. You will surely enjoy it.  http://neonmuseum.org/