Saturday, February 26, 2011

Yosemite in Winter

Yosemite. Winter. You think snow.

Who would guess I would be climbing up the Yosemite Falls in February when it is 60 degrees?  With my camera in tow, I was searching for a way to capture the extraordinary beauty of Yosemite Valley in a different light.

As usual I make the best of an interesting situation, put on the back pack and depart on my adventure.Being an avid fan of any outdoor trek, I decided to hike Yosemite falls.It is 3.8 miles of granite staircase and was  even more fun with 20 pounds of gear on your back.Of course it was much harder than I thought it would be but it was worth the trip. To see the Yosemite Valley from this extraordinary vantage point was an amazing experience.

The following day I journeyed back into Mirror Lake. A beautiful trail guarded by enormous granite boulders.There were so many small and beautiful details along the way.The moss growing on the rocks.Small clusters of mushrooms and fungus adorned the forest floor and fallen logs. There were so many parts of the forest to enjoy,I hardly noticed there was not much snow.